SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard
About SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard is an intuitive virtual testing environment for static linear, time-based motion, and high-cycle fatigue simulation. It delivers a concurrent engineering approach helping with the product performance and durability.
Features of SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard
- Motion Analysis – Predict the physical movements of the parts assembly under internal and external load with time-based and event-based motions.
- Linear Static Analysis – Test the designs of linear materials under for stress, strain, displacement, and Factor of Safety (FOS) results and iterate them based on the results.
- Fatigue Analysis – Determine fatigue failures by examining the load cycles and understand the life span of the components.
- Shell Manager – It is an effective tool to manage shell models.
Benefits of SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard
- Finite Element Analysis – Presence of various analysis tools enable testing and enhancing the parts and assemblies.
- Optimum Insights – Simulate the product prototypes before manufacturing them to obtain real world like insights.
- Decrease Development Costs – Testing the products virtually significantly reduce the prototyping and manufacturing costs.
- Product Efficiency – By reiterating the designs based on the data obtained by simulations and analysis, the products are optimized for the best performance.
- Trend Tracker and Design Insight plots can be used for optimizing design changes in the project.
- Import load history data from real physical tests to define loading events.
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional adds on to SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard with tools to optimize design, determine product mechanical resistance, product durability, topology, natural frequencies, test heat transfer and buckling instabilities and perform sequential multi-physics simulations.
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium includes all of the capabilities of SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional along with additional features to evaluate nonlinear and dynamic response, dynamic loading, and composite materials. It includes three advanced studies - Non-Linear Static, Non-Linear Dynamic, and Linear Dynamics.